#85: Nonprofit Marketing after COVID-19May 02, 2020
For two months now, we’ve focused on topics to help nonprofits deal with the challenges of the coronavirus, with an eye on coming out stronger on the other side of this pandemic. And in the spirit of emerging with more confidence in marketing our missions, I wanted to take a small dive into the M+R Benchmark Report.
Because this report, released just a couple of weeks ago, is telling me that the steps we have taken during the era of COVID-19 are actually what we might want to be doing even when the threat has passed. The conclusions from this report aren’t invalidated by what we’ve been living through. They actually confirm all the good practices we’ve been preaching:
- Leaning into email marketing and not being afraid to communicate more.
- Practicing good email list hygiene.
- Being creative in attracting new people to your e-newsletters and your cause.
- And investigating new and innovative methods of reaching out - like peer-to-peer text messaging.
So today we go over the lessons learned from more than 200 nonprofits in 2019 - and find out the results resonate even now, when things feel so different.
Additional Resources & References:
- Access the insights and data of the 2020 M+R Benchmark Report for 2020 here
- For my interview with Christy Noel about the potential of text message marketing, click here.
- You can find my deep dive into developing freemiums as a way of growing your email list here.
Connect with our Smart Marketing for Small Nonprofits Community for a greater sense of joy, creativity, and camaraderie as you do what you do to make the world a better place!
Subscribe and Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I want to encourage you to subscribe today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. They are each designed to help you take immediate action on the most important nonprofit marketing strategies that will help you move your mission forward so you can accelerate the growth of your organization and create the impact you most want in this world.
And if you’re feeling extra motivated, I would be very grateful if you left me a review too.
Reviews help other nonprofit leaders, marketers, communicators, and fundraisers find my podcast so we can all move our missions forward with love and respect for the work we all do in making the world a better place. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what the most helpful part of the podcast was for you.