#31: Marketer On A Mission: How To Use Facebook Ads To Market Your Mission with Liz MelvilleApr 27, 2019
If you want to use the world’s largest social media platform to find new supporters for your nonprofit, today’s Marketer on a Mission, Liz Melville, can help.
Liz is a well-respected social media strategist based in the United Kingdom who truly understands the power of Facebook ads to identify new audiences for your nonprofit, build those relationships and ultimately convert them into donors.
In the podcast, Liz goes over her “ABCs” for using Facebook ads and not letting the advertising module intimidate you. She’ll share her tips for successful campaigns, including:
- How to leverage information you have (such as your current email list) to create a new audience of Facebook users who share key characteristics with the people who already support your nonprofit.
- How offering helpful information can raise awareness of your nonprofit on Facebook - even to people who don’t already like you page.
- How a limited investment of time and money on a Facebook ad can teach you what works and what doesn’t, allowing you to go with your strongest messaging and approach and increasing your ROI when it’s time to do a major campaign.
- Why boosting a post and creating an ad aren’t the same thing (and which one the Facebook bidding process takes more seriously)
- Why you shouldn’t be doing a “like” campaign
As a smart marketer, you know that if you try to spread the word to everyone about your nonprofit, you’ll wind up reaching no one. But Facebook ads are built to help you narrow the field to those core people who are most likely to appreciate your mission and, when the time comes, offer up their time, talent or treasure to sustain it.
Liz and I discuss the value of “lead magnets” and freemiums in building your nonprofit’s audience. If you’re ready to dive into that, please check out my “How to Create a Freemium” guide below.
Links mentioned in this episode:
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If not, I want to encourage you to subscribe today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. They are each designed to help you take immediate action on the most important nonprofit marketing strategies that will help you move your mission forward so you can accelerate the growth of your organization and create the impact you most want in this world.
And if you’re feeling extra motivated, I would be very grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too.
Reviews help other nonprofit leaders, marketers, communicators, and fundraisers find my podcast so we can all move our missions forward with love and respect for the work we all do in making the world a better place. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what the most helpful part of the podcast was for you.